Code of Ethics
All individuals within the Swim England aquatic disciplines will at all times:
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, be they adult or child, treating everyone
equally within the context of the sport.
• Respect the spirit of the sport adhering to the rules and laws in and out of the pool,
incorporating the concept of friendship and respect for others.
• Promote the positive aspects of the sport and never condone the use of inappropriate or
abusive language, inappropriate relationships, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical
• Accept responsibility for their own behaviour and encourage and guide all Swim England
members and parents of junior members to accept responsibility for their own behaviour
• Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in accordance with Wavepower.
• Conduct themselves in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect their own
safety and the safety of others.
• Promote the reputation of the sport and never behave or encourage or condone others to
behave in a manner that is liable to bring the sport into disrepute.
• Adhere to Wavepower.
• Adhere to the Codes of Conduct contained in Wavepower.
• Adhere to Swim England’s Equality Policy.
• Adhere to the Laws and Regulations of Swim England.
• Adhere to the British Swimming Anti-Doping Rules.